Hosting Apps on a Custom Domain
JGate allows you to have apps written and hosted on JGate respond to requests from your own domain names. For example, if you own the domain hardtoremember.com and the JGate app hardtoremember.jgate.de, then you can configure things such that visitors to hardtoremember.com are served the JGate app. The app is still created and hosted on JGate servers.
To accomplish this, you need to:
- Own a domain.
- Configure it to point to the JGate Engine.
To own a domain, you can use any popular registrar service such as GoDaddy or EasyDNS.
To configure it to point to the JGate Engine, you need to create a "CNAME" record. See instructions for how to do this with GoDaddy or with EasyDNS.
DNS can be tricky, so if you need help, just ask in the JGate Forum.
Example CNAME Record
www.example.com. CNAME example.jgate.de
Steps to activate a custom domain on JGate
- Goto MyApps
- Select the application to configure and click "edit"
- Click the "Configure a custom domain" link
- Enter the custom domain name without http://
- Your settings are checked online. When everything is alright, you will receive an email